Saturday 10 September 2011

My Experience of Eid


        When someone mentions Eid, happiness and joy springs up in our mind, and a second thought gives us a vision of many individuals and families rejoicing. Eid means something that recurs. It comes after a certain period of time every year and brings true happiness and sense of relaxation to those who had pledges themselves as slaves of Allah the Almighty during the Holy month of Ramazan. Eid is in fact a gift of blessing s for a person who had remained steadfast during Ramazan. I am of course talking about Eid ul Fitr.
This year at Eid ul Fitr, I can proclaim that I enjoyed to the maximum extent, presumably because I kept fast nearly in the whole of the month of Ramazan and that I also completed one course of recitation of the Holy Qura’n. So I had a certain feeling of elation that I am being rewarded for something none other than my own deeds and actions. As far as preparations are concerned, I had already bought my new dress, shoes and accessories even before Chand Raat. I had got a chocolate brown Kurta and Shalwar with russet dress shoes.  In the morning on the day of Eid, I Put them on and went to the Mosque to offer prayers. A need to extend the blessings of Ramazan for the whole year was emphasized in the sermon. After the sermon and Namaz, I met Eid with my friends and family and returned back home.
When I stepped inside the house, it was full of sweet smells of Sheer Khurma, Chaat and other delicacies prepared especially for Eid. Soon some guests arrived and were served the things.  At noon, we went to a lunch hosted by one of our relatives. In that manner, I got the chance of meeting some more members of my family.
Next day we set off for Jhang to celebrate the rest of the Eid with my Nanhial. One of my cousins had also come along with her family all the way from Dubai. So the next few days spent with them all were really enjoyable and relaxing with nothing to worry about studies or anything else . Special food was cooked like Biryani, Koftai, Pasandai, etc. We also had some home cinema entertainment and much more. As Eidi  is a special feature of excitement in this Eid, I bagged a lot of amount this time which of course cannot be mentioned here. In these moments of celebration, we did not forget our poor and deprived brothers and sisters and distributed Eidi and gifts among them too.

My cousin left for Dubai two days after Eid and we followed suit to Lahore on Sunday in view of the holidays coming to an end. So in short, our prayers and supplications in Ramazan made our Eid a very, very special and memorable one with an inner satisfaction alongside.
                

1 comment: