Sunday 30 October 2011

And I was Kicked Out of the Class.....


      I studied in a convent school for most of my childhood. It was a both girls and boys school and was administered by Irish fathers and nuns. Like all others, they were quite strict viz maintenance of discipline, curricular matters and sports activities. And naturally, too it was over disciplined. Pupils getting rusticated on hardly major issues was normal there and punishments were handed down on minor issues. Mostly I used to escape them due to my good academic record but sometimes it did not hold good.
    One day I was attending my English class. The teacher was quite an old and grumpy man (good for nothing) who had fallen a prey to those certain rotten pedagogics. I was unable to understand even one word of his lecture which, if I am not mistaken, was on transitive and intransitive verbs. I was looking here and there for some kind of interesting activity. The teacher was also noticing my disinterest and my quest for a mischief but was not inclined towards its eradication.
     Same were the feelings of my bench mate. She had had enough and remarked that she was not ready to accept it anymore. She started making some silly noises with her head down. I at once laughed at that looking directly into the eyes of the teacher. He did not very much appreciate the joke. After some time, she made the same noise and I could not resist it again. This time too the teacher saw me laughing. The third time when she made that noise, the teacher got angry and I was shocked to death when he told me to stand up and come to the front. It was then that I realized that in addition to being what I have already written, he was also completely devoid of his senses and had thought of me as the culprit. I desperately made a dive and pointed at the girl that she was the one making noises and I am innocent. To our horror, he got really angry at that and said “okay you both get up and get out of the class.”
     We silently got up and left the class. I was cursing my friend as well as myself for laughing at her noises. She was feeling very embarrassed because I was being punished just because of her.  When the period became over, the teacher came out and asked us to follow him to his office. Once inside, he started a long rant about indiscipline and disobedience and attitude and God knows what else. After that he handed us 1000 lines to write and a whole week standing outside the class too. Heavily I accepted the punishment for the sin I had never committed. It took me a good amount of time to bear and complete all those tasks. I vowed never to sit with that girl again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Moral: Don’t sit with girls. It is better both the ways.

1 comment: